Friday, December 10, 2010

Obama v. GOP - Battle over Education

"Tea Party's War of Schools"

Reading the recent reports on global education and how the Chinese students are far surpassing the intelligence of the U.S. students and of other nations, it comes as no surprise that the Obama administration is looking to improve the American education system. Obama "intend(s) to spend 2011 pursuing more federal influence over local schools—particularly in the areas of curriculum standards and teacher evaluation and pay." But shocker, the GOP is anything but on board. The Republicans are now focusing on "parental rights" and tax-deductible homeschool programs to counter Obama's plans. The Republicans even admit that the No Child Left Behind was a fail and that the program did not truly coincide with the party's platform. American Conservatives don't think the federal government should get involved in our education systems and are ready to fight it.

The Republicans must be blind (and I don't mean to say that I am a Democrat or anything... I really don't know what I am), but many of our schools are desperately in need of better teachers and curriculum standards. Our local high schools are some of the worst in the state! We need the financial support and guidance from the state and federal governments if we wish to improve American education.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha "I don't mean to say I'm a democrat...." thats funny.

    I agree with the Obama administrations plan and I think most other Americans probably will, too.

    ReplyDelete